In Pictures (1 of 2)
1. UG8 was the battleground once again for what may be the largest single-day boardgaming event on the Eastern seaboard. The location was the Four Points Hotel in Waltham.
But nobody spent much time outside on this crisp fall day - the action was inside where 146 local boardgamers came together for a day of gaming fun. Here are the pictures!
1. This is what UG8 looked like mid-day from one end of the room.
2. Phil once again anchors the Jump Start area which saw a lot more use this year - we finally got the word out early and ofte. This paid off in a Jump Start area that saw heavy use from 9AM right through noontime. Here Santiago gets taught and played.
3. More Jumpstart activity in the RA section.!
4. Heroscape was a huge hit during the day - two sets were setup on nearby tables which saw heavy use.
5. Ann and Dave play Puerto Rico.
6. Jenn, Phil, Alison, Bob and Tami play Prices of Florence. Here Tami shows Jenn something of interest from her mysterious black book.
7. Adam, Johnathan, Constantine and friends play the 2004 SdJ winner Ticket to Ride.
8. And here the designer of Ticket to Ride (Alan R. Moon) plays in the Wizard final with Kostas, Sean and Richard. Pete looks on and wonders why he overslept and didn't make the official Wizard Start Time of 1PM.
9. Kelly, Campbell and Terry amonst the 146 folks who attended UG8!
10. The prize table was smaller this year - but good stuff nonetheless. There were lots of juicy gift certificates as usual this year on the tops of the stacks. You entered your tickets into whatever stack envelope you wanted a prize from (so you could allocate them all to one stack if there was a game in that stack you wanted badly or you could split them up).
11. Mason and Brian playing Go - this is the second straight UG event where this classic game has seen action.
12. Tom and Bob scheming in Traumfabrik.
13. JC and Pete playing Liberte.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT PICTURES