In Pictures (1 of 3)
Unity Games 6 took place September 27, 2003. It was an awesome day of gaming at the new Four Points Hotel venue! There were a few glitches with the hotel, but overall the place was a welcome step up from previous places we've held our event. Lots of tables and plenty of gamers to fill them. We had officially had 150 making this the largest Unity Games event ever (though just barely surpassing our previous effort of 140 at UG5). The hall was very spacious - and even at the peek points of the day there was still a small bit of room that could be found. Hopefully everyone appreciated the larger ballroom this time around!
Biggest thanks to those that organized the event. Craig, Campbell, Pitt, Constantine, Mark, Brian and Walter are always helpful. But we had a lot of help from people that showed up early to help us setup. Stay late to help us close up. And throughout the day there were people that were willing to help in any way they could (it seemed like everytime I felt even the slight bit swamped with things to do, someone was standing next to me asking if they could help - at least a dozen folks should be thanked and I'll probably forget them all so let me just rattle of some: Becky, Tami, Kostas, Phil, Tery, Rick, Adam, Rob, Terry E, Dawn, John, Alan and a truckload of other great folks that helped out.
Craig did a great job with the Prize table this year - smaller, streamlined and a bit more fun than usual as the "winners" had to do all sorts of goofy stuff to pick up thier prizes. Some pictures later in this page captured some of that stuff!
Pitt did a fantastic job with his "Sound Decisions" team party game in the evening. This is always a highlight for me and I had a great team (Eric, Dave and Ann were solid teammates!). I look forward to seeing what Pitt comes up with next!
Dave Fontes with a bit of help from Eric Shultz did a fantastic UG6 puzzle for the event.
Thanks to those that brought prizes and donated things for the event (nice touches like Scott Henshaw donating a big pile of ziplock bags in case new games were opened and people wanted to bag parts so they didn't get lost).
Thanks to Jenn and Becky who manned the front table for a big chunk of the monring when most of the people were coming in.
HUGE thanks to those that came to help us game for the day! It was a blast - hopefully we can do it again someday!
We have put up the UG6 puzzle that you can try to solve here!
Before you look at the main pictures, be sure to check out even More UG6 coverage, picture and reports: Walter Hunts photo's of UG6. Rick Thornquist's visit to UG6.
Here are the pics...
1. An early morning start to UG6. Here is the sunrise over the Four Points hotel. Some of us happened to be here early enough to grab a little breakfast in the Hotel.
2. Early in the day the UG6 Jump Start area was starting up. We need to tweak this a little to make it even more useful, but some new gamers were taught some new games! Here I am in the forground teaching Alan Carcassonne :)
3. Mark Edwards (in Pat's Cap and UG-Tshirt) teaches RA.
5. Phil taught 2 games of Expedition this morning at the teaching area - he came complete with Expedition Hat (nice spirit shown here, Phil. That's worth bonus points). Zach, Eric-4, Ann and Dave F give the game a try.
6. Terry's as enthusiastic a teacher of games as you could want (almost, but not quite, surpassing Mark Edwards!). Here, Showmanager gets a workout.
7. Becky and Jenn do the lion(esses) share of the front table work which was MOST apprecaited. Pitt comes out to play a game with them but mostly they were just laughing (maybe at what Pitt's holding in his left hand?)
8. This one is for the SSGers that didn't get to play Wizard at UG6. My 2nd round hand. I bid my favoraite number...
9. Dan Cashmore, Scott, Dave and Ronald playing Vinci.
10. Bob, Kostas and friends playing A Game Of Thrones.
11. Here is a kind of Twilight-Zone twisted "dual shot that I tried to splice together" of the main hall. It's not very good, but you can get a sense of the room here.
12. Tami and company give A Game Of Thrones a workout. This was played several times today - it looked long but some folks really enjoyed it.
13. Adam, Constantine, Campbell and friends play AOM.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT PICTURES