In Pictures (1 of 3)
Unity Games IV took place July 20, 2002 - and we had a phenomenal 100 gamers that came out to help us game the day away in fine style! The day held beautiful weather and even with some notable UGers on vacation or unable to make it due to prior commitments, we had great turnout and the event went very smoothly. There were more than a hundred games played today - far too many to take count of so the pictures will have to suffice to try and capture they day.
We did some different things this year - to simplify the money collection and prize-table pics, we did this all in one shot mid-day. This way, we only disrupted the full-day gaming for about a half-hour to get all this extra curricular stuff done! Early feedback is that this was much preferred over previous UG events and we'll probably do the same for UG5.
Biggest thanks to those that organized the event. Brian, Craig, Campbell, Constantine, Mark and Walter to help get the event underway. Matt for bringing some sound equipment so we could make audible announcements. Pitt for running the Haste Worte tournament that was enjoyed by so many. To all the people that brought extra tables - they were very much appreciated and needed! And especially to all the gamers that came to join us for the day - we had representatives from more than a dozen different area game groups and some out of state visitors from the great states of New England. There is no doubt in my mind that this region is nothing short of phenomenal when it comes to gaming. Thank you!
No more drivel - on to the pictures from the big event!
1. The day is all about local gamers getting together. It's about friends spending the day gaming - and here is the only picture I have of myself for the day - with my two good friends Dave and Emily (both of whom will be moving soon - we will miss them! Dave has been to UG1, UG2, UG3 and UG4).
2. The early setup crew waits in the parking lot to get into the building. Tery, Jenn, Mark, Brian and ready-for-action Campbel.
3. And Matt couldn't get the door open so he decides to... um... decorate the parking lot!
5. Morning gaming with Pitt, Jenn, Scott and Terry. The game is Proverbial Wisdom. This crew played several party/word games together to start the day off right!
6. About an hour after startup, the main hall was filling - the peek of the day wouldn't happen until about 2PM when most of the hall was full - we've got pics of that later!
7. One of the many tables playing Puerto Rico. Matt takes a picture of my taking a picture.
8. A shot of half the prize table. We had some great games on the table this year thanks to local game stores Scholars (Bridgewater) and Danger Planet (Waltham).
9. More gamers in action. Notice the two people up front (Rob + Walter) who have donned Unity Games T-shirts (both the official color logo and the rare non-color proto-logo).
10. Two simultaneous games of Pueto Rico. Actually there were 5 simultaneous games of PR going on at this very moment - and no less than 9 playings of Puerto Rico throught the day at UG4 (I lost count, it probably was 10+).
10. Through the Deset gets a couple of plays today. Here are Adam, Ben and Jonathan riding camels.
11. Well, Puerto Rico again! What a surprise... Here is Phill and friends giving it a go.
12. And yet more Puerto Rico! Mark, Rich and friends at this table. I must have been one of the few NOT to play PR today!
CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT 10 PICTURES